Monday, September 15, 2008

001 'Walkies!'




Very early one morning last June I was sitting outside the railway station at Poole, on the south coast of England. I had arrived on the night train from London half an hour before. Now I was having my breakfast: two of yesterday's British Rail cheese sandwiches and a cup of coffee. It was raining and I was waiting for the train to stop, but it was summer so I knew it would be a long wait ... My sandwiches were getting wet, so I ate them quickly. They tasted like wet cardboard. 'Why am I here? What am I doing in this place?', I asked myself. I didn't have a clue, really. Suddenly my whole plan seemed a bit crazy...

You see, for years I'd had this plan to walk along part of the south coast from Poole, where I had lived for two years when I was a kid, to Land's End, the point furthest west in England. Then six weeks before, in mid-April, I had lost my job in London - I was acting in a play, when the theatre had suddenly gone out of business. Two days later my boyfriend had taken off to work at a theatre in Canada for the summer. I had nothing to do ... then I remembered my plan. It had seemed like quite a good idea at the time.



Some friends had been strangely quick to lend me a tent, some cooking equipment and some money. Then my brother had turned up at my flat one evening with his awful little dog, its food bowl ... and its fleas. He (my brother, that is - not the dog) had got word of my crazy plan to walk along the south coast. 'Please, sis,' he'd said, with that charming smile of his, 'Please take him with you - he already needs a good long walk, you know.' In the end, I'd given in and there I was at Poole station that morning with Fruitcake - that's the name of my brother's dirty, ugly dog. I don't know the fleas' names. We were ready to start on our 480-kilometre walk along the coast to Land's End. I finished my coffee, Fruitcake finished scratching his ears; I stood up and said to him, 'Come on, you horrible little hound. Walkies!'



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
อ่านจบแล้ว ลองตอบคำถามง่ายๆดูค่ะ แค่เลือกถูกหรือผิด














ส่วนอันนี้...ลองกลับไปอ่านซ้ำได้ค่ะ หาความหมายที่เหมือนกับคำที่ให้มา











ไม่ยากไปใช่ไหมคะ ลองแชร์คำตอบกับคนอื่นได้นะคะ เดี๋ยวคราวหน้ามาดูกันค่ะ ว่าจะเป็นแบบฝึกหัดอะไร

No comments: